eTekGadget Drag Racing Setup

Other race electronics and general electronics discussions.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

eTekGadget Drag Racing Setup

Post by gpraceman »

Well, eTekGadget, the makers of the SmartLine timers (and Champ Timers sold by Best Track) is joining the drag racing bandwagon. They have come out with their own light tree and solenoid release offering.

They sell the electronics as a kit, with you having to build the tree structure to mount the lights and control box to. I think their tree is a bit of a step up from "pole style" light trees in a way, as it better approximates the look of a real light tree. The Best Track tree still wins the aesthetic award, hands down, if you can afford the $$$$. But, what's with the blue pre-staging lights? Rather a strange design decision. I would have to assume that the two red lights is intended as an indication of a false start when using it with two solenoid gates.

They offer a single or double solenoid gate release. The double release is targeted at the Best Track split gate, of course.

They look to be taking orders on these currently, but not shipping until sometime in October.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
bracketracer
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: eTekGadget Drag Racing Setup

Post by bracketracer »

I think the blue lights are to better replicate the current NHRA tree?

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: eTekGadget Drag Racing Setup

Post by gpraceman »

bracketracer wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:30 am I think the blue lights are to better replicate the current NHRA tree?
Interesting. Hadn't see that version of a tree.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.