WANTED: Recommendations for Derby Award Ribbons

Discussions on race planning, preparations and how to run a "fair" and fun race.
SirStorm
Journeyman
Journeyman

WANTED: Recommendations for Derby Award Ribbons

Post by SirStorm »

Specifically looking for acknowledgment of CRAFTSMANSHIP in quantities of 200+

So far the best I got is $0.29 per after s&h and the ribbon says "I take Pride in my work!"

Any better ideas/sources?

Thank you!
BallBoy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: WANTED: Recommendations for Derby Award Ribbons

Post by BallBoy »

If you google "award ribbon roll" you will find a vendor (rhymes with "lodges") that sells ribbons on a 100 yard roll that you cut to length yourself. This vendor offers custom-printed ribbons starting at around $90/roll with shipping. If your ribbons are 8.5" each then you will get 4 ribbons per yard, or 400 per roll making each ribbon cost around $0.23. If you shorten the ribbon to 6" each then you get 6 per yard or 600 per roll, making each ribbon $0.15. You can customize what the ribbon says so that it exactly meets what you want it to say. They offer stock images to print on the ribbon (e.g. racecar) or you can upload a graphic of your own. If you leave the year off the ribbon then you could easily use leftover ribbons for next year's race.
SirStorm
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by SirStorm »

Thank you for the suggestion!!! That is a great sight for custom ribbons at a reasonable price.

I recommend anyone that is in charge of ordering ribbons to bookmark the sight as a strong contender.
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by rpcarpe »

That's good to know!
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.