Pro-Wheel Shaver XT from Max V

Other commercial providers of derby and regatta related goods and services can show off their wares, announce new products and/or advertise their website. Members can also discuss derby and regatta products/services here as well.
twojakes
Pine Head
Pine Head

Pro-Wheel Shaver XT from Max V

Post by twojakes »

Anyone try the new and improved hand lathe offered by Maximum Velocity?

The Pro-Wheel Shaver XT is found here:

http://www.maximum-velocity.com/special ... .htm#Wheel

Thanks in advance, TJs
davekelly
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Pro-Wheel Shaver XT from Max V

Post by davekelly »

As our rules don't allow lathing of wheels, I have not looked closely at the shaver, but I might when I start running WIRL events. I have however bought several of the tools listed, a few from Randy a few from others, and I am impressed by them. I'm pretty convinced that if Randy has it listed, he's already tried it out and it passes his muster.
There is nothing more cool than four hands on a block of wood being cut by a scroll saw!
twojakes
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by twojakes »

Agreed, Randy runs a nice business, and is an asset to this community and the pinewood derby community at large. I just was wondering if anyone had actually picked one up yet.
davekelly
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davekelly »

Come on Randy, give us the scoop on this nifty looking new tool!
There is nothing more cool than four hands on a block of wood being cut by a scroll saw!
PinewoodPerformance
Merchant
Merchant

Post by PinewoodPerformance »

Bill is a friend of mine and is the inventor and patent holder of the tool and I got to play with it at his house a short while back while it was still in the testing phase, it is a great addition to the Derby Worx Tool Line (Pro Tools), it allows for precise adjustments when trimming down the tread, if you liked the old shaver then you will really like the ease of adjustment the XT provides! Basicly you have a hand held lathe.
Pinewood Performance
www.pinewood-performance.com
http://pinewoodp.proboards29.com (The other Pinewood Message Boards)
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I moved this thread to the Derby Products and Services forum since discussions centered on commercial products are more appropriate there.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.