Simplified Bandsaw Jig

How to have useful construction workshops.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Simplified Bandsaw Jig

Post by gpraceman »

While my other jig has been handy, I did also make up this simpler jig, which is easier to work with. It has been used at many workshops and has proved to be useful. I certainly don't want anyone leaving a workshop with a finger in a baggie with ice. :eek: So, I do require that one of my jigs be used when cutting car bodies.

It was made from some scrap wood, 1/4" MDF for use as spoil boards, a couple of cabinet knobs and 3 screws. If anyone wants a drawing on this, I can gin one up.

Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
mclewis_13
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Simplified Bandsaw Jig

Post by mclewis_13 »

Love this. I am not a wood worker but it looks like something I could actually make. Plans appreciated.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

mclewis_13 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:41 am Love this. I am not a wood worker but it looks like something I could actually make. Plans appreciated.
Here you go. I made it out of some scrap 3/4" material plus some 1/4" MDF for the "spoil boards".

Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Any chance you have or could shoot a video of this being used?
Is the block clamped to the jig?
glued to the jig?
floating free?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Eagle wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:55 pm Any chance you have or could shoot a video of this being used?
Is the block clamped to the jig?
glued to the jig?
floating free?
Sorry, I don't have a video. It is a simple pusher, so the block is not clamped to it. You could make a loop of duct tape to help hold it to the jig.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Here's a little more complex of a jig that I created to try to hold the block. Doesn't work quite the way I would like it to, though. Could use a better clamping means

Randy Lisano